Each year students are given a different
design problem. Past designs have
a bank, special needs home, dentist office
and a park.
Items they’ll need to consider in their plan are:
• Satisfying a client’s needs and wants.
• Incorporating energy saving features.
• Utilizing as much natural light as possible.
• Meeting the minimum & maximum square
5 drawings are required for judging:
• Site plan with roof plan
• Exterior elevations
• Building section and wall section
• Electric plan
In addition, students are required to include a
design narrative with their entry. Teachers
find that this program is a great
match with their
curriculum and easy to implement in their
Entries are evaluated for detail, accuracy
and originality of work.